Ryan and Andrea

Ryan and Andrea

Monday, January 27, 2014

Our New Adventure: Marriage

27 days in and I can already tell you that marriage is hands down the best thing that God ever instituted. Sure, I've gotten some sarcastic comments from others who claim that we are still in the "honeymoon phase". Well, what's wrong with that?! I hope to stay in the "honeymoon phase" for the rest of our lives!

Leading up to our wedding day, I can't even begin to describe to you the range of emotions that I was experiencing.  Once the day finally arrived, I felt the most peaceful calm. It was the most beautiful day: I'm so happy we were able to share it with our family and friends. It was perfect.

In this short 27 day period a lot has happened, I mean A LOT!  Or at least it seems that way to me! Right after our wedding we had a short honeymoon rendezvous in Myrtle Beach and then to Charleston.  We were SO excited for Charleston, but we weren't able to fully enjoy it as much as we hoped. For the two days that we were there, Ryan had the stomach flu! Poor thing. He was so miserable. We made the best of it and just used the time to take naps, watch movies and just relax (well, me more than Ryan- he wasn't able to truly relax).  The day after we came back from Charleston, we packed up all of our stuff and moved up to Virginia where Ryan is in Marine Corps Officer training. As soon as we got to Virginia, I got to unpacking and getting our little apartment live-in worthy. It took some elbow grease and lots of organization, but it finally feels like a home. Basically one day after we got to Virginia, Ryan had to start work again. Ryan works longggggg hours. These last two weeks he has been gone most days for training.  Looking for jobs up here has not been the easiest task. Everything is too far away with the crazy DC traffic- no thanks. Fortunately, I have made some friends that are spouses of guys Ryan is in training with! It's nice to be able to talk to the other wives and realize that they are just as crazy as you are about your husband being gone for long periods of time! :)

Aside from Ryan working and training a lot, we are having so much fun as newlyweds.  On Saturdays we have "day dates" up to DC where we visit museums, etc. and then go to dinner in DC.  I couldn't imagine having a better time! We are definitely excited to see what marriage, starting a family, and living in different places will have in store for our future.

P.S. We will post wedding pictures as soon as we get them in! :)


Here are a few pictures from our first couple of trips up to DC

Arlington National Cemetery:



 
Nandos Peri-Peri: the food here is unreal!! So yummy!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear married life is treating you well. I love the DC area. My mom grew up in Alexandria and so I visited my grandma a lot up there before she moved down south. Also, Arlington Cemetery is so beautiful. My grandpa is buried there. Looking forward to reading about your adventures on your blog.. Good luck in VA!! :)

    ReplyDelete